We are pleased to post the following job opening from one of our clients,
a Shizuoka based media company. This company was founded 25 years ago
as a publishing company to publish magazines to disseminate information
about Shizuoka City's attractive places to visit and foods to eat, as well as
It then enlarged its operation to creating internet-based media service to
promote local contents by paper and cyber contents.
This company has been growing constantly and the present annual revenue is
900 million yen with 82 employees. Its motto is "Our job is to make this
town more attractive".
Now that this paper and cyber media business model is proven to be
sustainable and profitable, the company decided to deploy it to neighbouring
cities. For this purpose, it needs more software engineers, and the
president decided to open the position to non-Japanese to encourage
diversity although the job is to be conducted 100% in Japanese at
the moment. The below shows the summary of the
1. Position: Software Engineer
2. Gross annual income: 4,000,000 JPY or more（One of this company's good
software engineers earns 7,500,000 yen now)
3. Number of staff to be hired for this position: 1
4. Hiring conditions: Regular employee (full time)
5 Working hours/Holidays: 9:00 - 18:00/ Saturdays, Sundays, National Holidays, Year-end/beginning of the year, refresh holidays (5 days)
6. Time to begin the job: as soon as possible
7. Educational background: Does not matter
8. Test hiring period: 2 months
9. Age/Gender: Any
10. Nationality: Any (Non-Japanese)
11. Skills required: Software development experience using PHP and Ruby
12. Language skill required: Japanese: N3 or better
13. Training and education: Off-JT and OJT
As its own media platform, the company has been able to utilise its accessibility to provide local news and information to anyone, anywhere, anytime.
To spark action and inspiration through the coordination of local stories, and to build happy moments and new connections.
To better establish itself as a meeting hub for people, ideas, and things.
Software Engineering skills
Unique perspective that will benefit the company in media development.
17. Evaluation system and career development:
An employee in this position can be promoted to senior engineer and subsequently to lead engineer, which is equivalent to higher managerial roles.
If you are interested in applying for the above position, please send your resume (English and Japanese) to the following email address:
or click the button below